Lookin’ into replacing your home modem & getting a new ISP? The Rover Hub is a great option if you want super fast speeds but aren’t into commitment. You get unlimited 4G but only have to pay for it when you want it – just $5/day, $20/week or $50/month. Check out these demo videos to see what you’ll get when you buy a Rover Hub:
Tag Archives: technology
Just a reminder that PPC Geeks is giving away a Rover Puck! Check out their website to find out how you can enter to win one and hurry, there’s less than a week left!
This video from Amber Case’s TED Talk had us enthralled. It’s a perfect example of all the Evology conversations we were having earlier this year and really puts our connection to technology into perspective.
Do you agree with Case’s definition of cyborgs and the idea that we are forming more human connections rather than less?
It’s been a crazy year for us here at Rover – well, technically we’ve only been around since August but…you know what we mean! Here are our top 10 moments of 2010:
1) Rover LAUNCHED on August 31st! The 4G provider that could, Rover came out of nowhere and started offering people insanely fast 4G with no commitment required.
2) We had TONS of amazing Rover unboxing & review videos come out on Youtube – so many that we created a playlist just for them!
3) We launched the Rover Hub, a home/office modem that gets you unlimited 4G at home on the same day/week/month plans as the Rover Puck & Stick.
4) Far East Movement gave their fans an inside look at how they use the Rover Puck to stay #freewired
5) Snoop Dogg himself shot us a shout out
6) Speaking of those unboxing videos, did we mention that THREE came out in the span of two days?!
7) We teamed up with Restaurant Pi to bring the good people of St. Louis some free pizza and 4G
8 ) Fast Company gave us a glowing review…Puck yeah!
9) We went on a sweet Rover Smokeout HotSpot Tour around Houston and hit up all the games with 4G & BBQ
10) With our launch of 4G in SF on the 28th we now have coverage in over 70 cities!
What a year!
Welcome to Life at 4G San Francisco! Now you can get crazy fast speeds of 3-6mbps download and up to 1mbps upload without the commitment of most ISP’s through Rover 4G. Rover gives you UNLIMITED 4G internet for just $5/day, $20/week or $50/month. Time to upgrade? We think so.
Find out more about Rover and check your coverage at http://rover.com
A couple really awesome unboxing videos of the Puck came out this week so we thought we’d share ‘em here.
1) Rover Puck Unboxing: 4G Hotspot by Jon Rettinger of TechnoBuffalo.com
2) Rover Puck – 4G Wi-fi Hotspot Unboxing by Byron of iHackYourTech on YouTube
Pretty cool huh? It’s good to watch videos like this and get a taste for the product before you but it. We have tons more on our YouTube channel too if you wanna see more!
[UPDATED]: Wow….ANOTHER video just went up! (That’s 3 in 2 days!) This one’s by JoeDTrick, check it out:
Gizmodo pretty much sums up the cool factor of this augmented reality app perfectly: “Holy crap. Sometimes do you almost pinch yourself, because you just can’t believe you’re witnessing such creations in your lifetime? Word Lens, which uses augmented reality to translate things in front of you, has given me that exact feeling.”
Here’s the video:
It’d be even better if they had more languages and if it worked on more than just the iPhone, don’t you think?
What do you guys think about the new facebook profiles? They’re different, that’s for sure! This animated GIF from The Daily What really puts the changes in perspective too. What was your favorite incarnation of the facebook profile?
This Gizmodo article is super interesting and definitely worth a read. How long do you think it’ll be until we’ll all be able to perform Jedi mind tricks like the characters in Avatar?
You may not have to wait until the year 2154 for your own remote-controlled body. In this week’s excerpt, Mark Stephen Meadows discusses wetware technology and how the science-fiction of Avatar is quickly becoming science fact.
Do you agree? I’m a little young for some of the things on this list but I gotta say that getting a game boy was pretty much the highlight of my childhood. It’s interesting how over the course of these 25 years technology seems to be the thing that crosses gender lines.
What gadgets are on your gift list this year?
*Found on Buzzfeed!